How is it June already? The month of May absolutely flew by! So, now it’s time for the wrap-up of the Why CLE? Challenge. I challenged you, dear readers, to take the month of May and think of one thing you love about CLE each day. 16 of you signed up to take the challenge and I’ve been so inspired and encouraged by your tweets and blog posts about the things you love about CLE. Before I announce the randomly-selected winner of the Why CLE? Challenge, I’d like to share some of the reasons Why CLE? that both you and I have come up with this past month:
1. CLE-ers who love their city and are passionate about sharing that love of CLE with others.
4. The Cleveland Marathon weekend. All the Why CLE? challenge participants, including myself, who participated in race weekend events loved getting fit through the streets of CLE.
6. The Silver Spoon Awards, celebrating what a foodie mecca CLE is.
8. So many of the challenge participants showed love for our first-place Cleveland Indians.
9. Local Farmers Markets were a reason Why CLE? for challenge participant asierput.
10. Emerging Chefs Mardi Gras en Mai (and all the Emerging Chefs events).
11. The great local higher education options were a reason Why CLE? for Little Bit of Lit.
13. The Lake Erie Islands, for Clue Into Cleveland who was lucky enough to get up there yesterday.
14. Playhouse Square. CLE boasts the largest theater district in the country outside NYC.
15. For many challenge participants, the West Side Market is a great reason Why CLE?
16. The proximity to CLEfamily and wonderful CLEfriends from college.
17. Development, such as the Medical Mart.
20. Cedar Point!
21. So many fabulous CLEbloggers who share their love and hopes for the city.
24. Global Cleveland, with all of it’s great ideas on how to strengthen CLE.
28. Tremont Art Walks.
29. Gordon Square, an amazing example of a CLE neighborhood being revitalized by the arts, restaurants, and residents who care.
Phew! Hopefully you stuck with me through that list and found yourself nodding along (or perhaps learning a new reason or two Why CLE?). Now, it’s time to announce the winner of the Why CLE? Challenge. Truly, everyone who took the challenge is a winner in my book! However, according to random.org, the winner is…
BECCA from PEACE, LOVE & BAGELS
Congrats, Becca! Please email me at email@example.com and let me know to which Cleveland Independents restaurant you would like a $25 gift card and to which Cleveland-based charity you would like a $25 donation made in your name.
Thanks to all for sharing your love of CLE this month. I hope you keep finding new answers every day to Why CLE?