Today is it…it’s my birthday. As an only child and general lover of all things party-related, my birthday has always been my favorite “holiday.” But this year…this year is the big 3-0.
Last Friday (3 days before the big 3-0), I had my gallbladder removed and was feeling all kinds of sorry for myself. Not only did the surgery make me feel old, but it decidedly hampered my ability to celebrate my birthday.
Somewhere in the midst of this weekend, though, I decided to stop the grousing and be positive. First, the surgery went very well and the recovery time is actually pretty short. Second, I’ll be the big 3-0 for a whole year, not just a day. So, here are my 30 things I will do to make the big 3-0 an amazing year. Note that “having an organ removed” was going to be on the list, but the scheduling got a bit messed up…
WhyCLE’s 30 for 30
1. Visit CLEgrandpa more often.
2. Find out what’s so delicious about the Shoreway Coolers at Market Garden Brewery.
3. Practice yoga on a regular basis.
4. Mend fences with a dear friend.
5. Dine at L’Albatros.
6. Go to a concert at Severance Hall.
7. Visit DC and my fabulous friends there.
8. Watch one of my best friends from high school get married.
10. Go on a girls’ vacation with CLEmom.
11. Get married to the love of my life.
12. Attend Jump Back Ball.
13. Learn how to dance.
14. Actually read one of my book club selections.
15. Drink more champagne.
16. Practice my faith more regularly.
17. Figure out how to tan without burning.
18. See friends I haven’t seen in too long.
19. Do my job well and be worthy of the confidence they have in me.
20. Swim in the ocean.
21. Make an apple pie.
22. Visit the Toohey and Fee morning show.
23. Wander around the John Carroll campus for old time’s sake.
24. Check out a dinner at the Culinary Vegetable Institute.
25. Go to Little Italy more often.
26. Finally try LaBella Cupcakes.
27. Say “I love you” and be grateful for people every day.
28. Admit that running isn’t my thing and that’s OK (oops…think I just did that).
29. Buy a new pair of black high boots.
30. Chronicle the 30 for 30 and every adventure not listed that comes along.