***A bit of blogkeeping: Happy birthday to my wonderful dad and adorable niece Leila, who share a birthday and large pieces of my heart.***
Here’s the second half of my daily thankfulness challenge:
16. Today I am thankful that just about every one of the things on this list is true for my mom and me.
17. Today I am thankful for the long-distance friendships I’ve been able to maintain. I may not see you all often, but we manage to pick up right where we left off!
18. Today I am thankful for my family and me all being healthy. Such an easy thing to take for granted, but so important!
19. This was baby announcement day. While I didn’t post a technical “today I am thankful for…,” I’m sure you can guess what it would have been that day.
20. Today (and every day) I am thankful for Matthew. I waited this long to mention him because I wanted to be able to say that not only is he the kindest, most loving husband, but he will also be the best father!
21. Today I am thankful for my faith. I am not the most overtly religious person, but my faith truly centers me.
22. Today I am thankful for meals made in the slow cooker, which are perfect for cold, rainy days. The house will smell great, plus dinner is ready when I get home from work!
23. Today I am thankful for this amazing house. It truly is the 30-year home, a place where we both love to be, a warm space for entertaining, and a great place to raise a family.
24. Today I am thankful for all the great local artisans and cool ways to shop local in Cleveland.
25. Today I am thankful for a short work week and the holiday ahead!
26. Today I am thankful for yoga. While I haven’t been practicing as much lately, it’s taught me so much about myself and has become just as nurturing spiritually as it is physically.
27. Today I am thankful for Matthew’s family, who have never been anything less than warm, welcoming, and truly family to me.
28. Today I am thankful for my family. Their love, support, and unending generosity of spirit never fails to sustain and amaze me.
29. Today I am thankful for our Christmas decorations. Both Matthew and I have ornaments and decorations with a lot of family history and it’s so nice to have those kinds of things around.
30. Today I am thankful that I took the thankfulness challenge. I have so many more things to be thankful for that I didn’t get the time to mention. Starting each day by giving thanks is a great mindset to be in!
What are you thankful for?