Tri-C Jazz Fest, now in its 35th year, has become a fixture in the Cleveland cultural scene. But this year, Jazz Fest is making some exciting changes. While there will still be tons of great jazz music, there’s a new location and a new feel to the event.
Playhouse Square will host this year’s three-day Jazz Fest, putting jazz into one of Cleveland’s most celebrated neighborhoods. In addition to the scheduled concerts in the theaters, there will be free concerts on Star Plaza, with food trucks and Great Lakes Brewing serving up tasty treats to go along with the music.
Tri-C Jazz Fest runs from June 26-28. The line-up includes:
- The Sean Jones Quartet plus the Cleveland Jazz Orchestra with Christian McBride
- The Eddie Palmieri Salsa Orchestra
- Trombone Shorty plus John Scofield Uberjam
- Bassist Marcus Miller plus the Dave Koz Summer Horns Tour
- Dave Holland Prism (with Kevin Eubanks)
- The Christian McBride Trio
- Jamey Haddad’s Global Drums
- Ernie Krivda’s Fat Tuesday Big Band playing the music of Oliver Nelson and Jimmy Smith
- Vocalist Gregory Porter
- Drummer Terri Lyne Carrington
- Singer/pianist Eliane Elias
Tri-C Jazz Fest describes Krivada: Esteemed as a legend of the Cleveland arts scene, Krivda has a distinctive improvisational style and unique compositions that have been documented on more than 30 recordings under his name and as a guest artist. Performing selections from Bashin’: The Unpredictable Jimmy Smith and other Oliver Nelson/Jimmy Smith collaborations, Krivda and his big band will blow the roof off the Ohio Theatre. This concert will swing and swing hard.
Here’s how to enter (you can do one, two, three, or all four entries, just leave a separate comment for each):
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite Cleveland cultural event.
4. Tweet the following phrase and leave a comment letting me know you tweeted:
I want to swing to the music at @TriCJazzFest with @WhyCLE: http://wp.me/p1fb9r-1YL #TriCJazzFest
You can tweet once per day for additional entries, just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
The giveaway will close on Sunday, June 8 at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!
***Disclosure: I was asked to help promote Tri-C Jazz Fest. In exchange, I will receive 2 tickets to the concert of my choice for myself and 2 tickets to give away. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***