Early this week, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Glam Karen.
The idea is for bloggers to help promote each other and expose their readers to different, fun, inspiring bloggers. So, I’m super flattered to have been nominated and happy to make this a fun, light-hearted Friday post.
Part of the Award is to answer 10 questions posed by the person who nominated you. So, here we go:
- What does blogging do for you? So many things! Blogging is a much-needed creative outlet. It also lets me explore Cleveland and all that it has to offer, both through the pitches I’ve been fortunate enough to receive and through my own curiosity/desire to have something new to write about. It’s also introduced me to people with shared interests, some of whom have become the best of friends.
- What quote best summarizes your attitude towards the fall season? “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” – George Eliot
- Cupcakes or Cookies? Cookies.
- What have been all of your pets’ names? (start from childhood….) Serena (golden retriever), Felicity (golden retriever), Bailey (golden retriever), Bella (chow/yellow lab who belonged to my ex), Tobey (golden retriever/cocker spaniel), and Samantha (golden retriever/black lab)
- What’s the one thing you cannot travel without? I always bring my own blow dryer. I have the OneStyling Legacy and I just love it. The hotel blow dryers are always inferior.
- What is the BEST night out you’ve had recently? Over the summer, Matthew and I went to a Tri-C Jazz Fest concert, then the Friends and Family preview of Trentina. The food was incredible, but it was also just a really relaxed evening and a great chance for the two of us to spend time just us.
- What places are you dying to see within the next five years? I really want to travel to Italy with Matthew, but realistically, that probably won’t happen until Jeffrey is much older. I never would have said Disney World until 6 months ago, but I know I want to take Jeffrey there and can’t wait to see his reaction to it. I’m also always about tropical vacations and would love to show off Cabo (Matthew has never been and that’s my favorite beachy spot).
- Would you spend a week without technology? A day? A few hours? I would, I just don’t nearly as often as I should. When we went on our honeymoon, we didn’t touch our phones for 10 days and it was pretty blissful, once the withdrawal shakes went away.
- What’s your favorite quote right now? “I do not at all understand the mystery of grace. Only that it meets us where we are, but does not leave us where it found us.” -Anne Lamott
- What’s the best piece of advice you would give to yourself if you traveled back in time? All of this is for a reason and it’s all going to work out, better than you could ever have imagined.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some of my favorite bloggers (and not re-nominate from Karen’s list!):
Alicia from Poise in Parma
Amanda from Clue into Cleveland
Kimberly from Smitten…in Cleveland
Rachel from It’s a Hero
Nadine from Blog – the New Black
Maria from The Style Letters
Jaclyn from Sharing My Sole
Cleveland Chick from Happiness is a Hot Pierogi
Heather from Mile 26 and More
Rachel from CLEfashionista
Here are your 10 questions:
1. What’s the funniest story that’s come out of your blogging?
2. What restaurant do you just have to be eating at these days?
3. Is it too early for Christmas music?
4. What extracurriculars were you involved with in high school?
5. Which Cleveland sports team is your favorite?
6. What are you hoping to find under your tree this year?
7. What keeps you blogging?
8. Pumpkin Spice or Peppermint Mocha?
9. If you could do any job in the world, what would you do?
10. Snow: yay or nay?
If you’re nominated, I hope you’ll consider participating. And if you’re just reading, check out some of these blogs that might be new-to-you and I hope you had fun learning a bit more about me, too!