***A bit of blogkeeping: Have you entered to win a $25 gift certificate to Just-a-Buck? Check it out! Remember, you can tweet daily for additional entries.***
1. Matthew and I attended another fun Playhouse Square Partners event this week: Pub Trivia Night! It was held at Harry Buffalo on East 4th Street and featured fun and challenging trivia, happy hour specials, and tasty appetizers. We teamed up with my friend Anna and her boyfriend Cody and secured a third place win, which got us some Starbucks coffee and gift cards. Coming up on Thursday, April 16 will be a Partners Dine-Around and on Thursday, April 23 will be a Partners Mixology Class. Stay tuned to the Partners website for more details!
2. Speaking of pubs and beer and the like, I met up with my friend Katie for a long overdue catching up session at Granite City Food and Brewery last night. While the catching up was great, the food and the beer were both just OK. I had the Broad Axe stout and the roasted prime rib sandwich and neither were bad, but they weren’t good either. In a town with so many great local breweries putting out inspired beer and food, I don’t think Granite City will be getting a return visit soon.
3. I know I’m way behind the times here, but I finally made the grocery shopping switch to Heinen’s. Not only is the selection of produce, meat, cheese, wine…well, everything…better, the employees are so nice and helpful that shopping there is genuinely a good experience. Why should you hate grocery shopping? I’m so happy I switched, plus it’s always great to support a Cleveland company!
4. Congrats to Chef Jonathon Sawyer on being named a finalist for the 2015 James Beard Award for “Best Chef: Great Lakes Region.” Add on to that Chef Sawyer’s appearance on The Chew this week and it was a big week for one of our favorite chefs!
5. Cleveland was ranked #7 on Time’s list of America’s Best Food Cities! Always great to see Cleveland earn national recognition for our amazing food scene.
***Disclosure: I am a board member of Playhouse Square Partners. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***