Every once in awhile, I have one of those nights where I just want to wrap my arms around all of Cleveland and give it a big hug because it’s truly the most amazing town. Last night was one of those nights. I had the opportunity to tour Great Lakes Brewing Co. and see the impressive operation that values the history of Cleveland, as well as cares about it’s future by being environmentally conscious.
The newest beer is the Steady Rollin’ Session IPA, a year-round offering coming in 2016 which is citrusy and easy-drinking. At only 4.8% ABV, you can keep steady rollin’ with this beer all day! The name is inspired by the landscape of the Great Lakes region, a year-round, all-hours, outdoor playground.
So, what better place to debut this new beer to the public than at Burning River Fest, which raises money for the Burning River Foundation and seeks to raise awareness of environmental issues impacting our waterways? Listening to Pat Conway talk about the vision behind Burning River Fest, it’s easy to see that this is more than just another summer festival. It’s about reclaiming not only our greatest natural resource in the area, but also about reclaiming our history by turning a negative moment into something positive and sustaining.
Great Lakes Brewing Co. wants to maintain a symbiotic relationship with Cleveland, giving Cleveland great beer and responsible business leadership. One way to do this is through Burning River Fest, which is coming up Friday, August 28 and Saturday, August 29 at the Coast Guard Station at Whiskey Island.
Burning River Fest includes live music, chef demos, beer (of course), a free yoga class from Balance and Brews, gorgeous skyline and sunset views, and much more. Tickets are currently on sale online for $12 per person (the price jumps to $15 per person on Monday) and the event is expected to sell out.
I have two tickets to Burning River Fest to give away to a lucky reader! Here’s how to enter (you can do one, two, three, four, or all five entries, just leave a separate comment for each):
- Leave a comment and tell me your favorite Great Lakes Brewing Co. beer.
- Visit Great Lakes Brewing Co., Great Lakes Brewing Burning River Fest, and Why CLE? on Facebook and leave a comment here letting me know you visited all three pages.
- Follow @GLBC_Cleveland, @BRF_CLE, and @WhyCLE on Twitter and leave a comment here letting me know you’re following all three.
- Follow @GLBC_Cleveland and @burningriverfest on Instagram and leave a comment here letting me know you’re following both.
- Tweet the following phrase and leave a comment here letting me know you tweeted: I want to attend @BRF_CLE thanks to @GLBC_Cleveland and @WhyCLE: http://wp.me/p1fb9r-2sx #giveaway #BRF15
You can tweet once per day for additional entries, just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
The giveaway will close on Tuesday, August 25 at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!
***Disclosure: I was invited by Great Lakes Brewing Co. to attend a special blogger event and try the new Steady Rollin’ IPA and help promote Burning River Fest. In exchange, I will receive two complimentary tickets to Burning River Fest for myself and 2 tickets to give away. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***