I have to admit, when I first heard about an event called “Thanksgiving Breakfast,” I was intrigued. Usually my Thanksgiving breakfast involves taste-testing whatever I happen to be making for dinner and saving room for plenty of turkey later.
But in the case of The First Tee of Cleveland, their Thanksgiving Breakfast on Tuesday, November 8 is a chance to thank community supporters and celebrate the achievements of program participants with speakers, networking, and breakfast at First Energy Stadium.
The Thanksgiving Breakfast includes:
- Address by guest speaker Michael F. Roizen, M.D., Chair, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute; Chief Wellness Officer, Cleveland Clinic
- The Del de Windt Leadership Award for Civic Engagement presented to Senator George V. Voinovich (posthumously)
- Special Guest Appearance by professional football great Earnest Byner, author of “Everybody Fumbles” and friend of The First Tee of Cleveland who lives the Core Values
- The Doris Evans, M.D., Merit Scholarship Award recipient: Patrick McKee
- Special Participant Perspectives Presentation
- Delicious breakfast stations to be enjoyed after the formal presentation
The First Tee of Cleveland is a chapter of The First Tee, a national initiative begun in 1997, which builds character, instills life skills, and promotes healthy choices for young people through the game of golf. I visited The First Tee of Cleveland this summer (read about it here) and was so impressed with the organization and the good that they do for Cleveland youth.
Tickets for the Thanksgiving Breakfast are $125 and proceeds benefit the First Tee of Cleveland’s not-for-profit mission. Tickets can be purchased online. Or you can enter to win two tickets right here!
Here’s how to enter (you can do one, two, three, or all four entries, just leave a separate comment here for each):
1.Leave a comment here telling me your favorite breakfast food.
4. Tweet the following phrase and leave a comment here letting me know you tweeted:
I want to give thanks at the @FirstTeeCLE Thanksgiving Breakfast with @WhyCLE: http://whycle.com/2016/10/28/why-first-tee-of-cleveland-thanksgiving-breakfast-giveaway #giveaway
You can tweet once per day for additional entries, just leave a separate comment here each time you tweet.
The giveaway will close on Tuesday, November 1 at 11:59pm and the winner will be notified the following day. Good luck!
***Disclosure: I was asked to help promote the First Tee of Cleveland Thanksgiving Breakfast. In exchange, I will receive two complimentary tickets for myself and two tickets to give away. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***