If you haven’t noticed, it is fundraiser season! Thank goodness most of these events are strolling food and wine fests…at least you can walk off a couple calories between tables! Coming up on Saturday, September 30 is the Veggie U Food & Wine Gala.
Fabulous chefs will prepare delicious dishes to delight your palate, including:
- Local Bison Bourguignon and potato Puree Tartlet plated with Smoked Onion, Parsnip, Heirloom Carrot and house-made Buffalo Nduja Oil from Chef Vishu Nath of Urban Farmer Cleveland
- Oyster & Beef Tongue Taco with Ranchero, Pickled Onion and Asian Greens from Chef Andrew Gorski of Parker’s Downtown
- Lentil crepe, almond basmati rice, local cucumber and radish ceviche from Chef Regan Reik of Pier W
- Pisco Sour from Chef Adam Wilson of Vitamix
- Fall Angel Food Trifle – toasted angel food cake with pastry cream, soft caramel, braised pears and candied pecans from Chef Lauren Shaffer of Luna Bakery and Cafe
The event takes place at the historic 925 Building in downtown Cleveland. You’ll also get to enjoy wines from Wente Vineyards and craft beer selections, live music from Tony Quarles and the Discovery Band, the chance to bid on fabulous silent auction items, and the Sysco Farmer’s Market with fruits and vegetables to take home.
The Food & Wine Gala benefits Veggie U, which creates classroom garden programs for children to learn about good, healthy food by planting their own vegetables and using a scientific approach to learning about plants. Not only does this further the students’ science education, but it also helps foster healthy eating habits.
Tickets are $125 and include food and wine tastings, entertainment, and valet parking. You can purchase tickets online. Or you can enter to win two tickets to the Veggie U Food and Wine Gala right here! I will be selecting two winners, who will each receive two tickets to the event.
Here’s how to enter (you can do one, two, three, four, or all five entries, just leave a separate comment for each):
1.Leave a comment here telling me which participating restaurant you’re most looking forward to trying.
5. Tweet the following phrase and leave a comment here letting me know you tweeted:
I want to enjoy great food for a great cause at @VeggieU Food & Wine Gala thanks to @WhyCLE: http://whycle.com/2017/09/13/why-veggie-u-food-wine-gala-giveaway #giveaway
You can tweet once per day for additional entries, just leave a separate comment here each time you tweet.
The giveaway will close on Monday, September 18 at 11:59pm and the winner will be notified the following day. Good luck!
***Disclosure: I was asked to help promote the Veggie U Food & Wine Celebration. In exchange, I will receive two complimentary tickets for myself and four complimentary tickets to give away. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***