As we gear up for spring, you might be thinking about ways to get your kids involved and active out of doors. The First Tee of Cleveland is a great option! The program teaches life lessons, build character, and instills confidence, all through learning the game of golf.
The First Tee of Cleveland will be holding Open Houses at all four of their locations on Saturday, April 7 from 10am-12pm. Here are the locations:
• Washington Golf Course (main campus), 3841 Washington Park Blvd., Newburgh Heights 44105
• The Links Golf Course, 26111 John Road, Olmsted Township 44138
• Briardale Greens Golf Course, 24131 Briardale Avenue, Euclid 44123
• Windmill Golf Center, 1511 E. Aurora Road (State Route 82), Macedonia 44056
These Open Houses are free and open to all children ages 6 to 18 and their families. Light refreshments will be served.
The Open Houses will give you the chance to learn about the First Tee’s award-winning programs, meet the coaches, ask questions, enroll for 2018, and participate in some fun golf activities.
The First Tee offers programs year-round, such as:
• School Year, After School and Saturdays
• “Try It” sessions: see what you like first, then join.
• Patty Wood Girls Leadership Experience
• Food, Fun and the Nine Healthy Habits™ winter class
• Caddie Class, late winter
• Summer Programs: Weekdays and Saturdays
• Camps in partnership with Cleveland Metroparks
• Outreach Programs in Schools & Community Groups
A couple years ago, I had the opportunity to spend some time with the folks from The First Tee of Cleveland and see firsthand what they’re all about. You can read about it here.
So, if you want to learn more and get your kids involved in a positive, fun experience, make sure to check out one of these Open Houses, happening rain or shine (or snow) on Saturday, April 7!
I also have a bag of golf swag from The First Tee of Cleveland to give away. Here’s how to enter to win:
The giveaway will close on Tuesday, April 3 at 11:59pm and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!