Every year on this day, I throw myself a little party to celebrate Why CLE? getting one year older. What started as an outlet for me to share my love of Cleveland and have a way to write creatively has lasted for NINE years and grown to encompass social media accounts and readership I never could have imagined.
I say this every year and every year it is even truer: I am so grateful for your readership and, in so many cases, your genuine friendship. On the list of things I never would have expected to come out of writing a blog is the real and awesome community that I get to be a part of.
This all started from and continues to be about a crazy love for Cleveland; a desire to celebrate it’s awesome people, places, and things; and a need to express myself in a creative and authentic way.
This last year has brought some new amazing adventures:
- My first turn on the catwalk at Lovely Paperie and Gifts’ Lilly Pulitzer Fashion Show
- A whirlwind experience during All Star Week, from chatting with Francisco Lindor on the red carpet at FWD to watching the parade with members of the Indians staff
- A chance to stand on the stage at Blossom where the Cleveland Orchestra and Brian Wilson would play
- Articles in both Cleveland Magazine and The Plain Dealer
- A new gig as a correspondent for Ohio. Find It Here.
And so much more…
As always, I want to give something back to all of you to thank you for your readership. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post and I will randomly select one winner to get a $25 gift card to the Cleveland restaurant of their choice and one winner to get a $25 donation to the Cleveland non-profit of their choice.
I am humbled at the things I get to do, the stories I get to share, and the chance to ever grow my love for Cleveland and share my life with you.
Here’s to what will certainly be an incredible ninth year of Why CLE?