In case you didn’t already know, we have a world-class zoo here in Cleveland. The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo offers the chance to see everything from elephants and giraffes to bears and reindeer, plus participate in special events from Kids Days to Twilight at the Zoo. There’s something for all ages at the Zoo!
One of the best ways to experience the Zoo is by purchasing a Zoo Membership. This is the second year that Matthew and I have a Zoo membership. From the time Jeffrey was little, the membership allowed us to take him to the Zoo and tailor our schedule around his capacity to take in the animals (read: we didn’t feel the pressure to do everything in one day).
And now it allows us to easily make the Zoo part of our regular plans, whether it’s going to The RainForest in the winter…
Boo at the Zoo…
or simply a play date (the Ben Gogolick Giraffe Encounter is a favorite).
But the Zoo isn’t just for kids! We’ve loved the adult Zoo events like Twilight at the Zoo, Date Night at the ZOOvies, and Zippity Zoo Doo.
A Zoo membership pays for itself in about two visits, which is easy for anyone to accomplish. So, what does membership get you?
- Free unlimited admission to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and The RainForest. You can choose the membership level that fits your needs, from one adult and a guest to two adults, up to six children, and two guests. Matthew and I have the Family Select membership, which allows us to bring two guests each trip, which is perfect for play date companions or grandparents to come with us!
- Subscription to Z Magazine
- Discounts on camps and educational programs
- Exclusive invitations to special events
- 10% discount on Zoo gift shop purchases
- Discounts on tickets to Animal Attractions and Twilight at the Zoo (Twilight discount applicable in May only)
- Discounted daytime admission to over 150 zoos nationwide (we took advantage of this when we were in Texas this past fall and it’s a nice bonus)
- Your membership dollars benefit the Cleveland Zoological Society‘s mission of supporting the Zoo and it’s educational programs
Plus, there are a lot of new and exciting things at the Zoo that will have you wanting to spend time there!
- The Rosebrough Tiger Passage opens in June and boasts five times the space of the previous tiger exhibit, including two elevated pathways offering unique views for visitors.
- The sea lion and harbor seal exhibit was recently renovated to allow better viewing for all visitors, even the smallest.
- A 50-seat 4D theater is slated to open any day now, showing a summer feature of a 12-minute “Ice Age – the Age of Dinosaurs” film. Members will receive a discount on tickets to the theater.
As you can see, a Zoo Membership features a lot of benefits and gives you access to one of Cleveland’s finest and most fun attractions! And I have a discount code that lets you save 15% on a membership!
When you purchase a membership online, enter code WHYCLE to save 15% on the Individual Plus, Family, Family Plus, or Family Select membership levels. The discount code expires on June 30, 2016.
I hope to see you at the Zoo soon for a wild time for all ages!
***Disclosure: I was asked by the Cleveland Zoological Society to help promote zoo membership. In exchange, I will receive a complimentary membership renewal for myself, as well as the discount code for readers. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.***